Monday, February 8, 2010

"Dramatic" Basketball?


I thought I would just express my surprise to the world wide blog since my husband has the evening with delinquents. During our lunch break today Patrick introduced me to the The Harlem Globetrotters. After 20 minutes convincing me that they were "actors" and not a real NBA team I began to be more fascinated by the idea. It is such an interesting concept I was shocked that I had never heard of them.

The Harlem Globetrotters win every night they play. The teams they play usually consist of uncoordinated white men that have their own comic relief. I learn something new everyday. It's too bad that new thing today is about a dramatized basketball team.

I knew I married Patrick for a reason.

3 comments:

  1. HA! That's a good reason. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of them. I'm sure they're quality entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually took the boys to a Harlem Globetrotters game many years ago -- before Abby, I think. It was very entertaining and they really are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really!?! You've gotta be kidding me!! You've never heard of the Harlem Globetrotters? Next thing you're going to tell me is that you don't remember the Gilligan's Island episode, or the Scooby Doo episode with comic appearances of the Globetrotters. I remember seeing them in SLC. It was a blast.

    ReplyDelete